Even in dealing with groups of believers who try to be communities and love each other you find just grouping together and not much making of difference in the world. Things that go along with this is: wanting everyone to conform to some idea of how everyone is supposed to act, talk, be; jealousy, and contention.
Some might say that this is just because of human nature. Christian believers would talk in terms of the flesh. My question many times is, how is it that many times unbelievers can act nicer, be kinder, and actually show more actions like Christ than believers?
One answer to this question is that Jesus told his disciples to watch out for the leaven or yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees and the yeast of Herod. Somehow in American churchanity, people have really embraced this yeast or teaching and in fact teach it. One issue is just plain old fashion idolatry in a new form of exalting man and man's way above God.
Think about it? How many times have you visited a church or group and what you heard was how great a certain leader was? Shouldn't we be hearing more about how great The Almighty is?
asically, we need a whole new way of thinking about Christ-ianity. We need to kick Chris out and return to Christ. Jesus didn't isolate himself. He was constantly being called a friend of tax collectors and sinners. He wasn't offended when a prostitute poured perfume on him and made contact with him. He also wasn't afraid to call the Pharisees and Saducees out. I wonder how many "Christian" leaders He would call out today if He were physically here today. Probably the majority of them.
The thing is that I'm not saying I have it all figured out myself. I know that I'm maturing in the Lord, but having grown up in the American Christian system, I am still getting free in some ways. American Churchanity produces neurosis of hibernation, fear, and guilt. Where Believers should be making major impacts on our society, we continue to clump together in unhappiness, have our own language, and culture, and criticize how very "bad" the rest of society is. Meanwhile, even in our own circles, many are falling apart because true faith has left and is replaced with just a form of godliness. In fact, one reason society continues to not improve is because believers are not being salt and light like our Beloved Master and Lord Jesus taught us.
So.... What needs to happen?? I'm not sure but the term revolution comes to mind. A whole revolution of how we think and act on both an individual level and a group level. We need the presence of the Holy Spirit once again with a willingness to submit this time when He shows up. Will we get our vessels ready? He is waiting..
Points of What the Teaching of Pharisees and Saduccees is:
1. The ritual is the most important thing more so than God or man
2. There is a true seperation between clergy and common and clergy are to be exalted in class and distinction and should judge others because they are better and don't need common vulgar realities like confession of sin, repentance
3. True spirituality is just learning ritual and doctrine, it is divorced from the heart, knowledge and position determine your spiritual position with God, men will always confirm your spiritual advantage
4. Humility, spiritual hunger, confession of sin, asking for help from God are weak things and are only tolerated in the common people but are really not what true spirituality is.
5. Even hatred can be employed to defend holy doctrine and practice. Might makes right and hurting common folk is acceptable if it keeps the Pharisee and Saducee ways and practices.
6. What's outside makes you unclean concerning ritual, place. Thoughts are a personal freedom and not to be considered.